Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sunbathing, Cardboard & A Pain in the Neck

It’s been over a week in this new kennel but I can’t seem to work out my name. Sometimes it seem to be ‘No’, sometimes ‘Sid’ though differentiating between Sid and Sit is not easy for a non-native speaker I can tell you. It’s all a bit puzzling but I think I’m getting the hang of it. The maid keeps putting an itchy band round my neck which I can just about tolerate but then, to cap it all, she attaches another long rope to it and walks me round the garden. I’m sure all will become clear sooner or later but for the time being it’s odd. 

 Can’t complain much since there are useful sun bathing platforms all round the place where I can just chill which, to be frank, I’m quite good at. Perhaps I’ve found my métier in which case this may not be a bad gig when all said and done.


I have all sorts of toys which make odd noises but my absolute favourite is the cardboard tube I sometimes get when the maid or the butler come back from the bathroom. That’s great fun and rips up nicely. I’m currently trying to find out how many pieces I can produce from one of these and how many square feet one roll will cover. My record so far is the whole kitchen but I think with a bit of forward planning I can stretch it to two rooms fairly easily. It’s a work in progress.


Was taken out in some sort of conveyance to another kennel-type establishment which smelled of weird, chemicals with just the faintest soupçon of fear. Odd sort of place but interesting 'cos there were another couple of canines in there, one who didn't speak the language well though he didn't say much and a brown puppy a month or so older than me who did nothing but yap at everybody. Annoying and shrill 'look at me' thing going on. I was suitably aloof keeping a watching brief as it were. In an adjoining room a complete stranger in a very un-fetching green outfit poked me about without so much as a 'by your leave' Oh she tried to ingratiate herself with me and the staff before manhandling me but I saw through the charade I can tell you. Gave her a piece of my mind and no mistake. I wasn't rude but firmly put her in her place. I will not be objectified, it's so last century! She didn't entirely get the message 'cos there was a brief point at which I got a sharp sting in the back of my neck. I couldn't see much but I'm sure she was behind it and me for that matter. I'll have to keep an eye on her, she seems a bit sneaky. Anyway the whole episode didn't last that long and we were back home in no time. The visit  has left me a bit weary so it's off to bed for me. Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment